Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Topper for a Friend

Remember the birthday cake I made for my friend Jose? Click here. I made the cake for him on his actual birthday, which landed on a Wednesday. His wife threw him a 40th birthday party yesterday, Saturday. She had saved the "Jose" topper and gave it to the person making Jose's cake for the party, asking her to put it on the cake.


Jose's wife Nelly calls me on my cell as I am driving home from work on Friday, and asks me if I could please make a figurine of her so she could place it on the cake next to Jose's figurine.

Here she is, without her teeth.







Here she is, almost assembled.







The problem with gumpaste is that it needs more than 24 hours to harden. I had less than that to get it made and to her, so I was very worried.




At the party, we placed the topper on the cake and propped her up because she was stil soft. Nelly loved her!









No comments: