Sunday, March 27, 2011

Little Big Planet Cake

For my daughter's 7th birthday, I created a Little Big Planet cake, per her request.  The pieces were made way in advance.  The actual cake was made in a mad rush!  I did not count on there being a banquet for my son's Academic Team on the same night as I was to decorate the cake.

Below are some of the items I created based off the game and the Strategy guides we own.

One of my favorites with regard to how it came out.






I also created a Sack Boy.  I love how he turned out.


I baked a round Wilton Ball Pan chocolate cake and covered it in fondant.


I then added some random green "land mass" shapes, added all the little round discs I created and added the little Sack Boy to the top.

Cute!
Next, I iced two each 10" almond butter cakes.  This was where the rush came in.  It was 10 p.m. and I was still making butter cream. That plus my icing skills stinking and you have a not-so-much smooth finish.

I piped a shell border, added some lettering and decorated some cupcakes (I had extra batter) and voila! 











3 comments:

Big sis said...

Really amazing!

Anonymous said...

Is the sack boy made of solid fondant?

Kaaren said...

Hello,

He's made of solid gumpaste.