Friday, August 28, 2009

Basket Weave

This past Tuesday's cake decorating class contained the one thing I really, really, really wanted to learn; making the faux basket look.


I brought in a homemade cake, with homemade icing. The teacher explained it but when he was done, I was still totally lost. He left the class room to go get some tool he was talking about, and a classmate scooted over next to me. She had done the basket weave in another, discontinued course, and showed me how to do it. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy!








Ignore the cut in the cake on top. I grabbed a tool, and ran it across. And the bottom? Just me trying to get rid of the rest of the icing in the bag. Just look at the basket pattern. I really like it!

Also, click the pics to make them larger. That top icing looks pretty darned smooth this time, don't you think? I'm slowly getting the hang of it. :)

1 comment:

Niki said...

I really, really want to be able to do that, but it is probably worth it to me to just buy one.