Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello Kitty Again

Our daughter is a little Hello Kitty obsessed lately. She has also been excited about the fact that her birthday is less than 3 months away. Naturally, it's going to be a Hello Kitty-themed party. I Googled and found SO many cute designs, but she wants a specific one.



Cutting out the oval shaped head using a pattern found on-line.







Isabel decided Hello Kitty needed to be watching me, so she put her on the counter. You can see that I was attempting the frozen buttercream transfer. Yea...an hour in the freezer and it still didn't work.






Here I am using my new turning, tilting turntable. Merry Christmas to me!





Ta Da! I had to hand-draw the eyes and nose, because the frozen buttercream did NOT freeze, even after an hour. I might just do the eyes, nose and bow out of fondant for the party. I did like my icing. Not super-duper smooth, but nice enough.



WHOOPS! Almost forgot the whiskers. Here we go. All better.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I want a Hello Kitty cake...
I think you should forget about the frozen buttercream for this cake; she looked great just the way you did it.