Saturday, December 31, 2011

Portal 2 Cake

My son turned 18 in December.  Ugh.  I am old.

Anyway, we decided that for his birthday party, we would make him a Portal 2 Cake.  It's a really great video game that I cannot wrap my head around.  When the family plays it together, I just watch as they shoot portals, gels., etc. to jump from place to place.  It's really intricate and well-done.

The main character in single-player is Chell. I decided to make Chell the main part of the cake.







Those boots were a pain.




Then it was time to make fondant, bake cakes and put it all together.



In the rush of the holidays and work, etc. etc.  I had exactly one night after work to make the fillings, icing, stack the cake, dirty ice it and put the fondant over it.  Needless to say, I ran out of time.  My icing did not have time to crust, I did not have time to put an extra layer of icing or even attempt a second fondant layer, and as usual, I got lumpy-looking fondant because the icing below was not totally set.






The cake is not a lie!

No comments: